analyze a .wav or .mp3 file

Terry Klarich terry at klarich.net
Wed Jan 13 15:00:50 UTC 2010

Hey All:

Thanks to all for all the good responses.  I found them both very helpful and informative.

I will be using:

sox testfile.wav -n stat -v

It is very simple and reliable.  An empty file has a value of 180.00... 183.00.  Files containing valid audio have anything from
1.00 to about 15.00  (it seams).

I'll continue to work on streaming xm though.

Hey All:

Thanks to all for all the good responses.  I found them both very helpful and informative.

I will be using:

sox testfile.wav -n stat -v

It is very simple and reliable.  An empty file has a value of 180.00... 183.00.  Files containing valid audio have anything from
1.00 to about 15.00  (it seams).

I'll continue to work on streaming xm though.

Terry