Linux GUI FAQ/tutorial?

Octavian Râsnita orasnita at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 06:31:46 UTC 2010

Can Vinux be installed as a host OS by a blind user that doesn't have a
braille display?

I have tried it as a VMWare image but I succeeded to make it freeze and I
don't know why this happened.

I also didn't know how to make it access the internet, but maybe this was
complicated by the fact that I was using it as a VMWare image.

Here is what I would like to be able to do with it for the beginning:
- start a command line which is accessible;
- install MySQL, Apache2, Perl, and use cpan for compiling and installing
some perl modules;
- use an accessible editor, an accessible browser and an accessible email
client.
- It would be also nice if there would be an accessible file manager with a
GUI.

Can you give a few steps about how I can use an accessible  command prompt,
editor and browser under Vinux?

Thank you.

--
Octavian