Linux GUI FAQ/tutorial?

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Fri Jan 22 02:41:04 UTC 2010

It's possible to learn to copy and paste text using the speakup clipboard
and there's a good reason to learn that clipboard too.  You can move stuff
from beyond any confines of any editor.  Position the cursor on the screen
where you want it with speakup keys on the numpad and hit the slash key on
the numpad and you've just set a mark.  Next move the cursor either to the
end of the screen or the end of your block and hit the star key just to
the right of that slash key and speakup will say cut.  Don't worry since
nothing was cut in the sense windows uses that.  What just happened was
you marked the end of your block and all that text between the beginning
and end of your text block is now in the speakup clipboard.  Next find
where you want to put the text and get there with the speakup cursor
controls on the numpad and hit insert-slash both keys on the numpad and
your text that's on the clipboard just got pasted where you put your
cursor.  Now this is interesting.  If you use emacs, emacs does not get in
the way of the speakup clipboard and its working but elvis and ed very
definitely do and actually lock up.  I've had to reboot the system more
than once until I found me a useable editor.On Thu, 21 Jan 2010, Octavian