How do blind people play games?

Tim Chase blinux.list at thechases.com
Thu Jul 1 03:04:24 UTC 2010

> I had to download and install a special interpreter to run
> the games. They were encoded into a special format for the interpreter.

It sounds like you're describing "frotz" which most distros have
in their repositories.  It will allow you to play those old
"Z-machine" games (Scott Adams, Zork, etc) as well as many new
titles that continue to be created.  Searching the web for
"interactive fiction" will turn up a number of (almost always
text-only) IF games that can be played via the console on Linux.

-tim