Wordperfect for Linux

Jan and Bertil Smark Nilsson jbsn at tpg.com.au
Thu Jul 1 08:58:56 UTC 2010

Greetings,

I've been a Wordperfect addict for the last 25 years. At present,
I'm running wp6.0 using Dosemu. However, I've got my hands on
wp8.0, hopefully both the GUI and the textmode versions. But when
I try to install it I get the message "Invalid environment
variable TERM=linux" in a textmode console and "Invalid
environment variable TERM=xterm" when running the installation
script in a Gnome terminal. I'm asked to offer a new TERM value.

Does anybody have any experience of wp8.0?

Suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Bertil