vinux 3.0 question

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Mon Jul 5 22:12:24 UTC 2010

Before vinux fires up orca, is the sound system set up with pulse audio or
alsa by default?  It's entirely possible if it's pulse audio that system
can't find many cards and activate them since it's as new in development
as it is.  If this is the case, might there also be a boot line parameter
to tell vinux to only use alsa rather than pulse audio?  The thing that
happened on the amd-64 box I tried running vinux on was that it came up
all the way except for being mute and orca even started too in about 7
minutes after boot up.  A sighted friend watched the screen for me and
found that much out.