Installing Mercurial on CentOS

Trevor Saunders trev.saunders at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 14:00:35 UTC 2010

Hi,

doesn't sentos have a mercurial package?  If you can I'd try to
install mercurial with the package manager (yum I gues on sentos),
since it will take care of the dependancies for you, and will ake care
of updates etc.  If you realy want to build these by hand, or sentos
doesn't have packages, and you realy like sentos for some reason then
you'll have to first get python built and installed before the header
python.h is installed.  Its hard to say what the problem building
python is without actual error messages, but it sounds like it can't
find headers, so to resolve this you should first see if they are
installed in a non standard place (some times red hat and maybe sentos
I gues are silly in where they put things).  If this is the case then
you may have to set the variables LD_LIBRARY_PATH or INCLUDE_PATH I
believe it is.  Other wise you'll have to find the package that
provides these headers, and install it.
I'd be very suprised if there isn't a package for mercurial, debian
has one I know, and mercurial is reasonably common.

HTH
Trev