WhichStation Was:Re: command line streaming URL scraping tool

Rudy Vener salt at panix.com
Thu Jun 10 11:23:55 UTC 2010

One of the better lists was at
http://www.usliveradio.com

Unfortunately the straming link for wabc radio no longer works with my mplayer.

Rudy

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 11:26:42AM +0200, Labrador wrote:
> Hi Rudy, Brent and radiostreaming lovers,
>
> in attachment the promissed whichstation-script, together with the
> whichstation.lst it currently uses.
>
> I'm working on it to update the .lst file due to some missing urls / broken
> urls.
> It's difficult to maintain it, I'm not sure to be able to maintain it at
> a long term: server addresses are changing at regular times and not all
> streaming urls are located at one and only mega-giga radiostation list.
>
> Rudy, feel free to inspire on whichstation to create your own personalized
> streaming-tool.
>
> Note:
> - ACBRadio is already present on my list, but not WABCRadio,
> - to use the script, cp both the whichs* files to /usr/local/bin,
> make whichstation executable, install mplayer, and
> type: whichstation <ENTER> or: whichstation <number 1-36> <ENTER> ... wait
> and enjoy!
> - pressing ENTER or CTRL+C stops streaming and goes back to the preset menu.
>
> Labrador.
>

> (attachment)
>

> On Sun, Jun 06, 2010 at 03:43:50PM -0500, Brent Harding wrote:
> > Oh, I know of ones you just can't capture, they're those new liquid
> > compass ones or something, the higher 64k instead of 32. I could never
> > find a valid url to use with those and the default volume is very low.
> > Even with a windows tool designed to sniff the packet and get the URL, it
> > didn't work.
> >
> > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Labrador" <labrad0r at edpnet.be>

Rudy Vener, Owner and founder
Pizza Galaxy - Online ordering and Email marketing for
independent restaurants.
Phone: (203) 230-9662
Website: http://www.pizzagalaxy.com

Restaurant owners, boost your sales with new
customers, more visits and increased ticket size with
Pizza Galaxy's Online Ordering and E-mail Marketing.
Get our free report: The Top 7 Ways for Restaurants to get
Customers Online. Go to
http://www.pizzagalaxy.com/top7ways.html
to get your free copy.

see for yourself  how customers hear about restaurant online
ordering by following us on  Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/pizzagalaxy