Getting Started with Ubuntu on windows 7

Luke Yelavich themuso at ubuntu.com
Sun Jun 27 22:17:01 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 04:11:28AM EST, John J. Boyer wrote:
> I ran the wubi installer. It seemed to finish successfully. What is the
> next step to getting Ubuntu running as another Windows application?

When you use wubi to install Ubuntu, Ubuntu is installed into an image file on your NTFS partition. To boot Ubuntu, you have to select Ubuntu as the OS when your computer starts. Wubi adds an additional option to the boot menu. Unfortunately this is not accessible, and the only possible way to know when this boot menu is on the screen is with a beep. How or even weather sounding a beep is possible on this menu, I am unsure.

Luke