New email lists for blind computer professionals

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Mon Nov 15 18:11:18 UTC 2010

Well, the scope isn't really that narrow. The 4 main functions are about the
same as they were after the first month of discussion.

1. Provide a community for blind technology professionals to help each other
with technical problems. This is done via email lists and a wiki See
http://wiki.iavit.org.
2. Work with technology providers  to make them aware of accessibility
problems and help with solutions where ever ppossible.
3. Help educate employers on the capabilities of blind computer
professionals.
4. Promote Information Technology as a career for blind people. This is to
be done by providing information on jobs and job searches. We hope someday
to be  able to offer scholarships and technology grants to blind computer
professionals.