sonification of math functions?

Roopakshi Pathania r_akshi_tgk at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 3 09:49:28 UTC 2010

Hi,

I’m really glad that NASA is going to develop sonification functions for mainstream applications.
At least that is what I’m guessing you intend to do.
I already use MathTrax and look forward to the introduction of even more functionality in the new packages that might be developed.

Besides the programs Jason has suggested, I have a couple more to mention that I use.

1.	R
www.r-project.org

R is a powerful statistical environment. Although R is primarily used for econometrics, finance, and statistics, it can do Math as well. The plotting capability of R is especially powerful.

2.	Octave
www.gnu.org/software/octave/
A popular way of describing Octave is to call it a clone of MATLAB.

There is also Scilab, but I’m not sure how accessible that program is.
www.scilab.org

Finally, I’m going to forward your mail to another list where they might have more suggestions

Regards
Roopakshi from India