Notetakers

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Mon Sep 6 21:28:04 UTC 2010

On Mon, 6 Sep 2010, Leslie Fairall wrote:

> Is there a notetaker out there that will let you either telnet or ssh into a
> Linux box? I have a Pac Mate, but haven't had any luck so far. Thanks.

I've use PuTTY on a Pacmate omni and it works reasonably well if you don't
want to do much cursoring about.  You can tell what's going on by
reviewing the screen but it doesn't automatically speak incoming text, and
once you set it to Reader cursor, I've not found how toget it to go back
to where the arrow keys are passed through to PuTTY.  But the latter may
be my relative lack of experience with the PacMate.

Geoff.