Notetakers

Henry Yen blinux-mail at AegisInfoSys.com
Tue Sep 7 07:49:47 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 06, 2010 at 23:18:42PM -0500, John J. Boyer wrote:
> cgitelnet sounds interesting. Where can I find the source code?

Just google for "cgi telnet".  There are a bunch of choices, including a
cpan-hosted module, http://www.icthus.net/CGI-City/scr_cgicity.shtml#COMMANDER,
and one that I tried out just now: http://www.rohitab.com/cgi-telnet.
Download one script, change password, copy to cgi-bin, and that's it to install.
This is only obliquely related to the OP's query, however.  Note that
security (or lack thereof) of this kind of facility is likely to be a
difficult problem.

For another tangential offshoot along these lines, java-based ssh clients
are very useful for the sighted who are using a computer that does not
allow for installing anything (e.g. public library).  The canonical
example would be mindterm, which I believe is even open-source:
http://www.mindbright.com/index/products/mindterm/.