Notetakers

Leslie Fairall fairall at shellworld.net
Thu Sep 9 01:43:46 UTC 2010

Uh, I telnet to Shellworld all of the time. Pine is definitely on the
shell. I've been playing with Unix shells since 1994, so I do understand
the core basics. My question was if there was any notetaker or software
that would allow me to either telnet/ssh to my shell account. The Pac Mate
runs Windows Mobile, which does not have either client installed. It
sounds like I may have a couple of options. I can either use a telnet/ssh
client for Windows Mobile such as VXHPC or Pocket Putty. There might also
be a way for me to set up Outlook to access my mail on Shellworld since I
believe it uses pop3. I'd rather access my mail on the command line, but I
might ultimately have to go that route. I've also considered purchasing a
netbook which would allow me to install a terminal program like Tera Term
Pro since I'd be using a real PC. I may be getting to the point where
using a notetaker may be more limiting than I would like. I really
appreciate those of you who have taken the time to answer my questions and
given me some food for thought. I ultimately asked the question on the
Linux list since most people on other blindness-related lists I'm
subscribed to had no answer. Since I want to access my UNIX shell and
ultimately build my own Linux box, I thought there would be knowledgeable
people on this list who might be able to give me some direction. Ok, so
that's my long explanation for my question. Thanks to everyone again for
being willing to help.