News Group Issues within Pine?

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Mon Sep 20 08:56:57 UTC 2010

shellworld.net has had alpine up and running for at least the last year.
  The alpine program is the one to file bugs against since only those with
uwashington.edu accounts can file bugs against pine and get support.  The
working arrangement is that pine is experimental software and intended as
such.  Stuff that works in pine gets ported over to alpine and things that
break in pine either get replaced or removed.  When something is broken in
both packages, then file the bug against alpine and it'll likely get
attention whether you have a uwashington.edu account or not.  This is the
same strategy Okidata followed when manufacturing printers.  They used
Japan as a test bed to make their mistakes and correct those mistakes and
sold the models with the corrections to the rest of the world. On Sun, 19