question of current linux distributions for the blind

Brian Olesen brian at blindkom.dk
Sun Sep 26 00:32:54 UTC 2010

Hi,
I had started downloaded vinux.

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: blinux-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:blinux-list-bounces at redhat.com]
On Behalf Of Jude DaShiell
Sent: 25. september 2010 18:49
To: Linux for blind general discussion
Subject: Re: question of current linux distributions for the blind

In that case you might try: http://www.thebrannons.com/tarch/ The iso is a
live disk, and you put it in the dvd holder and boot the computer
preferably with sighted assistance present for the first time.  Either
they or the sound card will be able to tell you if you've succeeded or
not.  A podcast on archlinux by Jeff Whapples is available for download
and you'll need to take some notes from it before doing the installation.
A few additional things need doing for an accessible install like editing