Strange, strange problem with google, lynx and brltty on one linux machine

Cheryl Homiak cahomiak at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 21:01:05 UTC 2011

Thanks; I'll try all of those. But what is strange is that it works fine if I do it as root. This kind of leads me to believe it has something to do with permissions or something like that but why only with google? I cam even su into root and do it. I can, in fact, use sudo and get it to work. So I think that pretty much eliminates it being the cable or the serial port being dammaged or a brltty problem. But I can't imagine what problem could only affect google; maybe there are other sites that would also do this but I can't think of any. Unfortunately, i only have one linux machine right now; I have fink and macports on my Mac but that wouldn't work for comparison purposes.

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart