[BRLTTY] Alva BC640 question

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Sun Aug 28 00:11:46 UTC 2011

Tom Masterson <kd7cyu at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I still have not gotten Bluetooth working with it on any of my
> computers except windows so the answer is that the keyboard does not
> work with usb.

I don't understand what you mean here. Bluetooth and USB are entirely separate
matters, so the fact that Bluetooth isn't working for you at the moment
reveals nothing about whether USB works or not.

> I can and have in the past built brltto from the development stream
> and have o problem testing.  I will probably want to be sure I have
> an up-to-date virtual machine to safeguard my working ones but that
> is not a real problem either.

Can you test on real hardware, i.e., by running Linux directly on the physical
machine, without virtualization? A virtual machine adds a lot of extra
complexity into the situation, especially when it comes to USB devices.