Twitter client

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Tue Feb 15 20:51:13 UTC 2011

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011, Tom Masterson wrote:

> Can anyone suggest a console based twitter client?

I'm not sure how many options there are.   I've been using TTYtter for
awhile (http://www.floodgap.com/software/ttytter/).  It's written in Perl
and seems to be pretty flexible and versatile.  The developer is also
pretty open to feedback and fixing bugs.

> Also what is the most accessible gnome based twitter client?

I've only tried one, the microblogging plugin for Pidgin.  It works OK but
I don't see how to do Twitter-type things like retweets etc, and any
keypress tends to throw you into the text window which is a bit annoying.
Still, at least it seems to read OK.

There was some talk at one stage of a Linux port of Qwitter, but I've not
heard anything lately about it.

Geoff.