Bookmarks in Ice Weasel

marbux marbux at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 00:30:30 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 9:52 AM, Jude DaShiell <jdashiel at shellworld.net> wrote:
> If iceweasel is enough of a netscape clone or mozilla clone then bookmarks
> would be stored in a text file with the netscape file format.

IceWeasel is a Firefox clone. Bookmarks are stored in a SQLite
relational database, although Netscape bookmark formats are still used
for import and export.

To bookmark a site, use Ctrl+D.  To manage bookmarks, use Ctrl+Shft+B.
Once the resulting Organize Bookmarks dialog is open, Alt+I opens the
menu with the import and export options. There are two other menus in
the dialog, which are brought up by using Alt+O and Alt+B.

I haven't tested these actions in IceWeasel itself, but these are the
controls in Firefox.

Best regards,

Paul