Wordpress

Tim Chase blinux.list at thechases.com
Sat Jun 4 02:39:02 UTC 2011

On 06/03/2011 07:54 PM, Eric Oyen wrote:
> this will work with any version of linux, correct?

Pretty much.

> I use VINUX as my OS of choice for its accessibility outside of the OS X environment. yes, I an a nac user too. :)

You can get the XAMPP stack for Mac at

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-macosx.html

If you go that route, then you can google for instructions on
installing WordPress under XAMPP.

Though you might just try installing WordPress on your Vinux
installation.  Usually it's just an

   apt-get install wordpress

to get it installed (you might also have to install Apache, MySQL
and PHP, too, though my local Ubuntu has those as dependencies
that should come along for the ride if you install WordPress).
You might also have to then use the "a2ensite" command to enable
WordPress.

-tim