youtube converting in Linux?

Fredrik Larsson fredrikl.listor at flproduction.se
Mon Jun 6 09:33:45 UTC 2011

Hi,

Since I am a heavy lynx user, I defined some external_menu items for http
url scheme so I can run youtube-dl conveniently. It might be better to
define a download option instead but this works nicely. I press the dot
character and see some menu options so I can also define a wget option to
use for large ftp downloads for example.

I don't have a script ready to run the downloaded flv file through a
player but many options have been discussed here for this and I think it's
nice not needing to remember youtube video IDs and playlist IDs etc.

Fredrik