how to build SVox Pico from source

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 16:47:20 UTC 2011

Well, now I'm having a weird problem. I'm not sure if anyone can help
here, but here goes.

I am able to build SVox Pico manually without any problems. However, if
I build using my PKGBUILD file, it complains about undefined references
to basic math functions such as sin(), cos(), exp() and sqrt(). Then, if
I clean the build and rebuild manually from the same copy of the source,
it once again builds without any complaints. This is a copy of the
errors I'm getting and the command in the Makefile that appears to cause it:

/bin/sh ./libtool --tag=CC   --mode=link gcc -Wall
-Dpicolangdir=\"/usr/share/pico/lang\" -I lib -lm -lpopt -march=x86-64
-mtune=generic -O2 -pipe  -Wl,--hash-style=gnu -Wl,--as-needed -o
pico2wave pico2wave-pico2wave.o libttspico.la
libtool: link: gcc -Wall -Dpicolangdir=\"/usr/share/pico/lang\" -I lib
-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -Wl,--hash-style=gnu
-Wl,--as-needed -o .libs/pico2wave pico2wave-pico2wave.o  -lm -lpopt
./.libs/libttspico.so
./.libs/libttspico.so: undefined reference to `sqrt'
./.libs/libttspico.so: undefined reference to `exp'
./.libs/libttspico.so: undefined reference to `sin'
./.libs/libttspico.so: undefined reference to `cos'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [pico2wave] Error 1
     Aborting...

I'm also attaching my PKGBUILD file in case I missed something, but I
did check it against PKGBUILD files for several other packages, which
all built from AUR on my system without any complaints, and I could find
nothing wrong with my file. Perhaps someone can see something I
couldn't. Thanks for any help.
~Kyle