How does one determine whether a distro is 32 bits or 64?

John J. Boyer john.boyer at abilitiessoft.com
Mon Mar 14 00:06:58 UTC 2011

Recently I installed the latest version of Cygwin. I was under the
impression that a 64-bit version ghad been downloaded, but there have
been some doubts. When I type uname -a one of the things it says is
WOW64 what does this mean?

I also need to compile a library with Java bindings for the
BrailleBlaster project. I get the message that libgcj-config.h could not
be found in the /usr/include/gcj subdirectory. The file is actually
present at other locations. Would it be safe for me to simply copy it?

Incidentally, a command-line version of BrailleBlaster runs on Linux.

Thanks,
John

Abilitiessoft, Inc.
http://www.abilitiessoft.com