The 4-line limit to E-mail Signature Blocks and Accessibility

Christopher Brannon chris at the-brannons.com
Fri Mar 18 12:36:35 UTC 2011

Shlomi Fish <shlomif at iglu.org.il> writes:

> I've been thinking that maybe such two-column and ASCII-art-bases signature is
> not very accessible to people using screen-readers and/or Braille-devices

I took about 30 seconds to completely digest it.  I use speech.
  Not bad, really.
The sig at the end of your message is perfectly readable, though.

Signatures have never bothered me, either way.  If I'm going to
complain about email practices, I'd rather complain about overquoting.
I've seen people reply to messages, where the reply contains two lines
of text, with the entire thread quoted at the bottom.
Seriously, some replies have included 5 or 10 quoted messages.
It seems to have been popularized by Microsoft Outhouse,
so I've taken to calling it "outhouse-quoting".
That's not fair, though, because I've seen it done in mutt and
other email clients.  It's a combination of top-posting and a failure to
edit the quoted text.

-- Chris

--
Website: http://the-brannons.com