The 4-line limit to E-mail Signature Blocks and Accessibility

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Fri Mar 18 18:13:59 UTC 2011

On Fri, 18 Mar 2011, Shlomi Fish wrote:

>> I took about 30 seconds to completely digest it.  I use speech.
>>   Not bad, really.
>
> Does not sound too good.

Don't forget to factor in the time actually needed to read it.  Depending
on the mode of output (speech or Braille), and in the case of speech, the
speed of the speech output, this coud amount to a significant portion of
those 30 seconds.

IN my experience, collumnised signatures don't usually cause too much
trouble.  If I really want a specific bit of info from a signature, I'll
be cursoring through it anyway.

ASCII art is another matter.  If say the charactors used are spoken by a
speech synthesiser, they can get rather annoying or at least hinder
comprehention of the text.

Geoff.