Warning about arch and laptops

Cheryl Ann Homiak cahomiak at gmail.com
Mon May 2 00:15:24 UTC 2011

It appears that arch doesn't install laptop-specific tools and management
during the install. There are laptop articles on the wiki if you do a
gogle search; This is making me have some doubts about arch; I suppose
that once you set it up correctly it's fine but you do have to figure out
and read a lot to set it up. The reason this came to my attention was that
it seemed to me my fans were running alot and I tried to do acpi -t to get
the temperature and was told "command not found". I have to admit this is
giving me second thoughts but I'm going to try to figure things out for
both of my laptops rather than dump out the baby with the bath water.

--
Cheryl

"Let the words of my mouth,
and the meditation of my heart,