Why Arch Linux?

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Mon May 2 03:17:08 UTC 2011

As a rule, Arch packages always update to the latest version. However,
all the PKGBUILD scripts are available from the ABS (arch build system)
tree, and you can always setup a local repo to maintain binary packages
for whatever version you like. I believe there's even a way to make your
local repo override the official repos for any package you have
regardless of the version, but I'm not absolutely sure about that. You
can, however, hold any package at the version you want to keep for as
long as you want.
~Kyle