Kermit Project Ending

Rasmussen, Lloyd lras at loc.gov
Fri May 13 13:43:48 UTC 2011

I don't think I ever used the Kermit file transfer protocol and system, but I know that it used to be a big deal for some of you in the past.  Go to
  http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/
to read about how Columbia University is ending support and open-sourcing as much of it as they can.  It's the end of yet another era.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Project Engineer
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress   202-707-0535
http://www.loc.gov/nls
The preceding opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the Library of Congress, NLS.