Vinux-3.01X64dvd speech problem

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sat May 14 13:08:37 UTC 2011

First I'm running an amd athelon k8 computer with the version of Vinux
described on the subject line.  I verified the md5sum on the burned dvd as
being identical to what's on the vinux-project site for this dvd too.
This is not a sound card problem either since vinux says press control alt
q to open the Vinux manual.  The problem arises however because that's all
it says.  I don't know where to go from here since pressing control alt q
produces more reads from the dvd but does nothing else.  Not pressing
control alt q has the dvd reading at a lesser level for a while then the
computer and dvd drive go completely silent.  Could the screen saver be
kicking in and shutting vinux off before the dvd can get to where it is
ready to speak?  I have a meg of ram on this machine if that's any help
and have been able to get more to happen with earlier versions of the
vinux dvds.