Command-line indentation tool for Java

Henry Yen blinux-mail at AegisInfoSys.com
Sun Sep 25 00:06:26 UTC 2011

On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 18:55:33PM -0500, John J. Boyer wrote:
> Is there anything like the Gnu indent program for Java? I write my Java
> code ulsing a text editor and build using Ant. The only thing lacking is
> a command-line indentation tool. mannual indentation is tedious and
> unrealiable, and the indentation of a block may change in the course of
> development.

although you have to sift out the results that pertain to indenting programs
written in java (as opposed to pertaining to java source code), the first
few hits seem to yield a cornucopia of possibilities; google this:

   java "pretty print"

--
Henry Yen                                       Aegis Information Systems, Inc.
Senior Systems Programmer                       Hicksville, New York