Command-line indentation tool for Java

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Sun Sep 25 02:53:22 UTC 2011

John J. Boyer <blinux-list at redhat.com> wrote:
>Is there anything like the Gnu indent program for Java? I write my Java
>code ulsing a text editor and build using Ant. The only thing lacking is
>a command-line indentation tool. mannual indentation is tedious and
>unrealiable, and the indentation of a block may change in the course of
>development.

A good text editor should be able to correct the indentation. Emacs, for
instance, has a Java mode which I am sure can indent blocks of code, including
entire files, as needed.

I haven't written any Java so I'm not well informed as to the details. I
suspect that Vi/Vim can be made to cooperate as well.