Mysterious Hard Freeze?

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Mon Aug 13 06:31:25 UTC 2012

It sounds like you ran out of memory.  Perhaps next time try only opening
one app at a time.  It could also be that your processor got too hot and
fried your sound card, but I think that's unlikely unless this has happened
often.  Does completely turning off the machine and doing a cold boot fix
the sound card?

Can you post here what stream you're trying to record?  I never use X for
stream capture.  Apparently there are several alternatives, depending on the
content.  Perhaps MPlayer would work.  For regular mp3 streams, I use plain
old wget and it has worked fine for years.