brailling melody assistant .mus files

Peter Rayner peter.julien.rayner at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 22:11:26 UTC 2012

Melody assistant is a music notation program. I have a large set of
files from it that I would like to braille. they are stored in files
with an extension of .mus. I want to extract a part from these and
braille them. I'm using a strange notation (traditional shapenote) so I need to be able to read the files and manipulate the
data so a turnkey solution won't work. One solution might be to
convert these to the musicxml format which appears the current
standard then read the resulting xml. Does anyone know of a program on
linux that can read the Melody Assistant format. Any other ideas?
thanks in advance
Peter

--
Peter Rayner