Jumbled Screen?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Fri Feb 24 04:27:47 UTC 2012

Well, now for nearly 1week all 23 of my consoles have a continuing jumble, with
text hanging around from days ago, even when new lines should have replaced
them.  I can temporarily clear this up with control+c.  This has become a
factoor no matter what program, whether Lynx, pine, get_flash_videos.  Earlier
it felt like when I was in Lynx, my problem left.
This is Debian 2.6.32 because Speakup will not work with my DecTalk U S B on a
later kernel.
I tried running reset  but that didn't help, also, switching to single user
mode-and-back again, incase there were stuck programs.
Recently I have had trouble when running mplayer2 with something called "ggtic"
Some1 suggested maybe my fonts were messed up, he had me run setupcon -vf   but
that didn't seem  to be a right switch.
Can any1 please suggest something else I can try, as obviously I cannot always
accurately review a screen, but generally telnetted in to shellworld, I can at
least read mail.
Thanks so much in advance
Hart