Newbie questions

Andrea Roveretto andrea at andrearoveretto.it
Sun Jun 3 16:21:16 UTC 2012

Hello!
I just installed ubuntu 12.04 with orca on a dedicated partition on my hard disk, alongside with windows xp.

To start easy I left the english language so I don't have to install an italian language sinth for orca yet.

I suppose the default interface installed is Unity 2d.

I have some problems:
somekey shortcuts does not seem to work, for example alt+tab should switch to the open windows of other programs opened but id does not, and I cannot close programs with alt+f4.
alt+f10 does work anyway to activate the menu.
what can I do? working without switching windows is allmost impossible...

thanks
Andrea