Itunes in Linux Console?

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Mon Jun 18 13:17:29 UTC 2012

I could be wrong about this, but I don't think you're correct.  First, the
protocol it uses is normal http, but with itn:// as the designation instead.
  Second, going to one of those links tells you that you must have ITunes to
view the content and sends you to a download page.  When I've tried, I
couldn't get any feed at all.  Even if you find a normal feed, be careful if
it uses ITunes in the enclosure tags as all the files seem to be named
enclosure.m4a and files might get overwritten.  In short, unless you have a
Mac or Windows, it's totally proprietary and you won't get anywhere,
especially with a text browser.  It's been a few years since I tried, but I
doubt that it has improved.

Just to clarify, the enclosure problem I'm talking about has nothing to do
with the "itunes" tags in the feed.  It has to do with the enclosures
themselves.  Some sites seem to redirect through ITunes, presumably to track
who is downloading.  Those are what you have to watch out for and there
seems to be no way around the redirection.  I hope my information is wrong,
but I doubt it.  I haven't looked at feedflipper.net so hopefully it works
around some of these issues.