Itunes in Linux Console?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Sun Jun 24 17:04:59 UTC 2012

I can confirm in part some of what Tony wisely notes here.
I-tunes is largely more of an application itself than a site.  The idea is
not only to track  who is downloading, but especially in windows, to
remove non-windows as in not windows media formatted files from
your hard drive...without asking of course
I cannot speak for the location you are seeking, but I *strongly*
encourage you to tell the  source of the feed that you want a non-itunes
method of downloading.  Many sites are starting to provide both types,
because there are platforms that simply work better outside of
i-tunes...and the predatory nature of the program in windows  is rather
serious.

Tony helped me with a feed I wanted some time back, only for me to lose it
when they tried the itunes experiment.  That station has since restored
the download options, even without my saying anything because others did.
Education beats hacking any day smiles.
as for the browser? my personal experience is that links or e-links can
tend to do better than regular cat lynx...but I have not tried the hot off
the
presses edition on feeds lately, and it may fair better.

still as Tony says here, unless you find a third party work around program
better  to educate than to ignore it.   Many will thank you.
Karen