Playing daisy in Linux?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Tue Mar 20 00:33:23 UTC 2012

Well, maybe 3weeks ago I finally can enjoy NFB-News-Line, but I wanted to try
out reading or listening to these daisy files, so I install a daisy player here
in Debian.  I put all the content, mostly .xml and .smil files in a daisy
directory.  If I run daisyplayer without any arguments, I get a boing from my
sound-card, but if I provide a full path, I get pages of traceback errors-and-I
must type reset.  Anyway no sound.  So can some1 please tell me the secret to
playing these-and-thanks in advance
Hart