Playing daisy in Linux?

Rasmussen, Lloyd lras at loc.gov
Tue Mar 20 13:04:56 UTC 2012

The NFB Newsline files you have are ANSI/NISO Z39.86-2002, text-only.  Newsline also offers Daisy audio versions of its publications, compatible with the NLS DTB player.  Since several publications are in one directory, the player you are attempting to use would need to have a bookshelf function in order to select among the OPF files that are present.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Project Engineer
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress   202-707-0535
http://www.loc.gov/nls
The preceding opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the Library of Congress, NLS.