alpine improvement

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Sat Mar 31 22:40:06 UTC 2012

Well Jude, you may have already considering asking or suggesting in
comp.mail.pine
But I certainly strugle in dealing with this these days, so many too many
mailings are in u t f character sets or other kinds of html, but many times
viewing in Lynx at least makes them somewhat readable.  Funny I was just going
to tell some1 this evening at our LUG that we seem to be losing the battle.  If
only we could have gotten these speed improvements, but still kept that
wonderful feel of gopher servers.
Many times I see that its other than plain-text, I hit v twice to launch with
Lynx, but if its completely an html, then you would just save and run with lynx
later on.
Hart