boot issues

Henry Yen blinux-mail at AegisInfoSys.com
Mon May 21 18:49:15 UTC 2012

I'm not familiar with archlinux, but your symptoms are those that happen
if there's an error in the linux filesystem that couldn't be automatically
corrected. When that happens, you're dropped into a rudimentary system
with a command-line shell prompt so that you can manually fix that error.
The "fs" in the prompt supports this idea.

The "failed to load tty" I've never seen in this context, but it could be
related to being unable to bring up speech synthesis.

If you are unable to fix the error, you won't be able to get any further.

What you would need to do now is to first verify that you indeed do
have a filesystem error, and which drive(s)/partition(s) is/are affected.
Preceding the "root/fs" prompt should be messages that might help
pinpoint the error source.

If this is in fact the cause of your situation, then you'd have to
issue an "fsck" (file-system check) command, and try to answer the
fix-up questions it poses.

I know this merely parses the problem without offering a solution to you.

--
Henry Yen                                       Aegis Information Systems, Inc.
Senior Systems Programmer                       Hicksville, New York