What is the best distro for my business manager?

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 05:30:38 UTC 2012

I ran Windows XP on both VMWare and VirtualBox on a Linux host with only
1GB ram and a dual-core processor. I can't say that I experienced a
significant slowdown of Windows on that box. Yes, it was a bit slower
than the host Linux OS, but that is to be expected, considering I was
only able to reserve 256MB of ram for XP. It surprisingly wasn't
anywhere near painfully slow however, and I even played some games on
the Windows side without any difficulty. I can't say what is causing
your problem, as I no longer run Windows on anything these days, with
the exception of a very old, very slow dual-boot box, and then, only for
printing on a Windows-only printer that I'm desperate to part with in
favor of a printer that runs either on Linux or over a network. I'm
guessing your problem has something to do with the way Windows handles
more than two processor cores, but again, I can't be sure.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/