What is the best distro for my business manager?

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 11:35:13 UTC 2012

All the development tools for Arch Linux are in a group called base-devel.
pacman -S base-devel
or
pacstrap /mnt base base-devel ...
during installation will pull in all the development tools automatically.

As for whether or not to run a virtual machine as opposed to
dual-booting, it's ultimately up to you, but running Windows as a guest
on Linux whenever you feel the need to still run a few Windows
applications will give you an experience similar to running two
computers at once, with the added benefit that you can even copy from
one and paste into the other. If you have a powerful enough box, you can
run 2 or even 3 virtual machines at once, but in this case, 1 should be
all you need. I'm not sure how it works on Windows, but running
VirtualBox on Linux doesn't appear to distabilize the host Linux OS in
any way. Just be sure that your processor supports hardware
virtualization (most now do), and that it is activated, both in
VirtualBox and in your bios. This will give you noticeable speed
improvements. Ultimately, however, the goal is to be able to remove
Windows completely from your system, which is much easier if you have a
virtual machine than if you run a dual-boot system and need to
repartition your disk once you no longer need Windows.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/