What is the best distro for my business manager?

marbux marbux at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 00:41:02 UTC 2012

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 3:48 PM, John J. Boyer
<john.boyer at abilitiessoft.com> wrote:

> I am using CentOS 5.8 on both my office Linux machine and on a server in
> the cloud. I think it is best to stick with an enterprise distro. I'm
> going to get a CD for CentOS 6.3 and then decide how to make the
> transsition from Windows on my other office machine. I do have to keep
> Windows for testing software.

FWIW, CentOS 6.3 switches from OpenOffice.org and ships with
LibreOffice 3.4.5 according to their announcement so likely no need to
install LibreOffice in that version. <http://centosnow.blogspot.com/>
That makes me suspect that you'd prefer that I test CentOS 5.8.

You didn't say whether you want me to test with the 32-bit or 64-bit
build. I'll go with the 64-bit build on the assumption that you likely
have a fairly new machine.

Best regards,

Paul