linux and floppy drive

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Sat Oct 6 01:43:29 UTC 2012

No, I'm not talking about dosfsutils.  I'm talking about fdutils.  It's a
different package.  I'm not surprised that mkfs.ext2 wouldn't work.  The
only other idea I have is to try with a different machine or a different
disk.  I only suggest fdutils because it's supposed to probe for a floppy
drive.  I think fdformat is part of dosfsutils and not the same thing.