vlc possible bug

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Wed Oct 17 11:12:39 UTC 2012

Hi Jude,

On Wed, 17 Oct 2012 06:01:59 -0400 (EDT)
Jude DaShiell <jdashiel at shellworld.net> wrote:

> When I play an audio stream with vlc on command line interface, the
> quit command works with no problem.  However if I play a downloaded
> video file with vlc, the quit command in command line interface does
> not work. Another problem with videos on vlc is that vlc puts a
> status bar of some kind on the screen and updates it throughout the
> video.  I haven't yet figured out what setting is doing this, but if
> I find out I'll be looking for what configuration file to update with
> what setting to permanently disable this behavior.

Well, I don't know how you invoke the command line interface, and which
version of VLC you are using, but right here on Mageia Linux 3/Cauldron
with vlc-2.0.4-1.mga3.tainted , then «vlc --intf ncurses /path/to/myfile/»
exits with both a video file and an .mp3 file when I press "q". Can you
provide more details?

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish