sourceforge.net download problems

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Tue Apr 9 08:47:41 UTC 2013

I posted this before, but perhaps it didn't go to the list.  I don't
understand why you bother with wget or Lynx when there is a much simpler
way.  Actually, there are two simple ways.  One is to use Firefox, but that
requires X and isn't practical.  The other is to use a good ftp client, like
lftp or ncftp.  Just navigate to the project directory you want and download
away.  The only drawback is that it's a bit slower for people in the US.

ftp://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/sourceforge/

That path might not be correct, it might be under mirrors/ or similar.  Once
you find it, change to the project directory, as follows:

cd n/nv/nvda
cd m/ma/maximus

You can then download files as you normally would with ftp and no
Javascript.  I downloaded the latest NVDA that way.  It also is a lot easier
than using their project browser to determine the file listings.