sourceforge.net download problems

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Tue Apr 9 13:57:34 UTC 2013

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but what's impossible about it?  With
wget, it checks the size sent by the http server, so it should tell you if
the download is incomplete.  As you probably know, md5sum is standard on any
Linux installation, so just run md5sum on the downloaded file.  This could
be done with a script.  You would somehow have to get the correct md5
checksum by hand or put it in a file, but it's easy enough to tell with
manual inspection whether they match or not.  Also, wget can resume broken
downloads in most cases.  I know curl and ncftp can as well.  Regarding GPG,
just use "gpg --verify" to verify the download provided that you have the
GPG signature.  Again, that could be done with a script which first calls
wget to download the file.  All of this is unnecessary if you download by
hand from the ftp site I mentioned.