sourceforge.net download problems

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Wed Apr 10 08:50:46 UTC 2013

Ah, I see what you mean.  I was only talking about files from SourceForge.
Yes, in most cases, you're right that checksums aren't available.  The only
thing you could do is download the file twice and use a diff utility to
compare them and see if they're identical.

One thing that might help to avoid file transfer problems is the use of
rsync.  It does make sure that what you're downloading is identical to
what's on the host system, so you could use rsync to transfer from your
remote shell account to your local machine, assuming you aren't on dial-up.
  BitTorrent is another possible option because it makes sure you have all
of the pieces and the checksums match.\